February 21, 2015

We Are Spirit


“Spirituality is expressed in everything we do.”
~ Anne E. Carr

All is one. There is no division between “sacred” and “secular”, these divisions exist only in my mind and play themselves out in my living.

When I live awake, when I live aware then all of my actions are intentionally connected to Spirit, the energy or river that connects all of life. And they, hopefully, affect the cosmic unity for healing. Yet whether or not I am awake, whether or not I am living aware, my actions are always connected to the river that connects us all, my actions always affect the cosmic unity - the question is whether they bring healing or harm. And even neutral energy brings harm in the sense that my life and my choices have the potential for healing, a potential I am not always choosing.

Perhaps the quote is saying: Spirituality is all we are. Every action, every thought, our whole way of being, our whole selves is spirituality. It is not something I ‘put on’ at one point and ‘leave off’ (through lack of attention) at others. It is not something I “express”. It simply is who I am. I am Spirit experienced in material/corporeal form. And so are you. … How differently I would interact with you if this knowledge was at the forefront of our interaction, at the forefront of my living - if it was such a deep knowing that I lived and moved from that view. How differently.

Honor and respect, compassion and gentleness, love and hopefulness, encouragement and strength. These are the lens through which I view and move and interact and respond, for we are each Spirit in material form. We are on a journey together to be unconditional love for one another.

** Through this Lenten season, I am journaling daily from a collection of quotes. It is one attempt to get back to regular writing. So... if you see more posts following this one, then it is successful ... at least for now. ;)

No comments: