September 14, 2010

a hole in a flute

Have you ever had one of those moments where you read something or see something and you have such an immediate response that it’s almost a physical sensation? Today I read this by Hafiz:

I am

a hole in a flute

that the Christ's breath moves through,

listen to this

music.

It made me catch my breath... Yes! That is such an apt description of all I hope I am. A part of a larger hole; an instrument through which only the love and grace and mercy of Christ flow; and in being filled with Christ’s breath I become a single note in God’s musical score...

I pray that this is so, everyday. Yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed...I would have never come up with that but is a goose bump ideaology. I have often heard and prayed that others would see christ through me but to have christ breath through me with all the fruits of the spirit is AWESOME.