September 27, 2010

Living in grace

In PrairieFire class this month (learn about PrairieFire here) these words were said:

We live in grace, wholly completely.
... and they caught my attention.

Grace is the essence of the kingdom of God. Grace is not something God gives, like a present. It is the atmosphere, the structure, and the foundation in which we move. It's not that we have grace at times more so than others - like God "gives us grace" when we ask/need, which implies we have it at times and don't have it other times. No. Grace permeates the world in which I live. It is always there, always active whether my outward self recognizes it or not. There is an inward, deep "Yes" to this knowing, as if my spirit knew this all along and it was simply waiting for my humanity to see...

I live in grace, which is an aspect of the character of God.

I live in grace, which means so does everyone else.

I live in grace.

So how do I live in awareness of that, at all times and in all places? Perhaps by coming more deeply to know and to experience that I am, first, a spiritual being, created in the image of God ...

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!Could I say that again Wow!! This is so true but I can honestly say if you asked me a year ago I wouldnt even have a clue. Gods grace is not a condition but a fact. I will say that again its a fact. I love how you put it in the atomsphere that permiates. There have been some questionable times and I was living and accepting of this grace but not aware of it. Gods grace is sufficient whether I admit that or not. It goes against some of our grains to accept this gift without something in return. I believe this silly myth comes from our nature to deal and barter. There are no deals there is no such trade just symply thank you is enough..Right on my friend