May 16, 2015

in the pause


No matter which road I take, 
     you are there. 
Even after so many wrong turns 
     I know you are with me still. 
And when I pause to consider, 
     pause to reach deep inside 
          and find the place of quiet inner knowing, 
when I do this I know again I am safe 
     for you have been there all along, 
          journeying with me, 
               encouraging me 
and waiting for me to hear, 
     to listen 
          and recognize your voice. 
It is in the moments of pause in walking life's journey 
     when I feel you 
          and carry you on with me. 

Yet all of life can be lived in the pause, 
     in the space between resting and doing. 
It is in the pause where my deepest soul 
     connects with you and with the world. 
In the pause I find, nay, I know 
     not just you but myself also.

Ah, but how to live in the pause? 
Not just in scattered moments, 
     but to live and move from there, 
          that is what I am learning. 
That is what I will spend my lifetime learning.

No comments: