March 16, 2015

finding life

“Those who find their life will lose it, 
and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.”
                ~ Matthew 10:39

Losing my life for Spirit’s sake, isn’t that what life is truly about? The meaning and purpose of my life is not lived for me alone. The heedless pursuit of pleasure, while exciting and intoxicating in the moment, leaves me feeling empty and alone. Alone regardless of whom I might be with. What brings deep and lasting joy, joy not just to my days but to my soul, is honoring our connectedness through living life together. When the point of the experience is not simply creating pleasure but rather experiencing life with another, I touch within it a glimpse of the Divine, and I know I am never alone. 

When the point of life is ‘you and me’ or ‘all of us’, then I find myself adjusting my wants and needs, my desires and expectations to reflect a balance between me and thee.  And living this way I find my carefully cultivated mask (the mask each of us owns) becoming transparent, and growing within me is deeper understanding of who I truly am. Through the purposeful living out of our interconnectedness I come to know my Self. Through the purposeful living out of our interconnectedness I co-create this world with you. Through the purposeful living out of our interconnectedness together we bring healing and wholeness, and in that I find Life.

No comments: