March 13, 2015

things above

“Set your minds on things that are above, 
not on things that are on earth.”
~ Colossians 3:2

Things above … like bringing healing and not harm, making amends and reconciliation, supporting and encouraging and nurturing … like recognizing the connectedness and the autonomy of others and holding that in tension for the growth of their desires not for my own … like giving and seeking forgiveness and then building trust … like recognizing my own humanity and giving myself grace when I make mistakes - learning from them, I hope, but grace always … 

Our minds are so much more often engaged than our hearts in this journey though life. And when we view life and self and others through our hearts, we see the world and each other so differently. So if I cannot live at all times in my heart-seeing, then I seek to keep my mind on things above for that will help my mind to touch what my heart always knows … that you and I are one as we walk this journey of life, that life is about healing and growth and connectedness, that when you hurt I also hurt and when you are happy I too experience joy.

No comments: