March 14, 2015

rise and have no fear

“But Jesus came and touched them saying, ‘Rise and have no fear.’”
~ Matthew 17:7

Fear so often is my go-to response. Yet I realize it is not fear of whatever it is that is before me. No, it’s fear of change, fear of upsetting my peace. The status quo, while not my preferred place to be, sure is a lot more enticing at times than wading through the waters of change. And so fear of what might be (but rarely ever is) arises within me.

What would it take, I wonder, to rise and have no fear? What would it take to rid myself of this “oh I couldn’t” reaction? 

An understanding of what is at stake, I think. That is, truly knowing that rising and stepping forward without fear will lead be back to my greatest passion, will lead me forward to my deepest Self, will keep me standing in my highest truth. And in that place I truly have no fear for I feel the touch of the Holy guiding me, sustaining me, enabling me to arise in the strength of the promise of Life and Light, Hope and Peace.


So I will seek to trust, to live in God’s steadfast goodness. I will seek to trust, to live from my highest truth. And I will learn to pause, and breathe, then arise and say Yes to what is before me for it is the only way to embrace the possibilities of life. … Yes.

No comments: