March 2, 2015

a thousand times, Yes

“No one knows what lies ahead, when we say yes to God.”
~ Jan L. Richardson

… like seminary at age 40 … like moving to a place you’ve never seen and loving it. Oh my, yes.

The world sees the outward changes - like moving, new jobs - but it’s the internal transformations, even the small ones, that are most significant. It’s coming to see the world differently, see yourself differently, see God differently that can create the most upheaval, and the most hope, and the most joy. 
To experience the steadfastness of this journey with the Holy One is to know deep peace.
To know “if I had to do it all over again, I’d say Yes a thousand times more” is a treasure beyond comprehension.

It is the unknown with God that brings anticipation to my living. For I know that whatever lies ahead will be more than I can imagine. The moments will be fuller and freer for they will be encompassed within the Divine Yes. 

In saying yes to God, I hope for a life that is my own. One which strongly binds me to you and to this world, with no false chains or masks. One which arises from the voice of Wisdom within, to guide the rhythm of my days. One which allows me to both soar free and fight fiercely, loving you as I love myself. One which walks softly upon this earth, bringing healing and peace and love.

Yes, a thousand times Yes.

No comments: